Byron Bay, NSW
Byron Bay is a small coastal village in the far north east of New South Wales. The resident population swells by three or four times in the popular summer holidays and some other peak times during the year. Shop around for great deals during off-peak times!
Byron Bay is so popular for a number of reasons:
- the great surf breaks are some of the best in the world
- the beaches are some of the prettiest and cleanest on the east coast of Australia
- Cape Byron is the Australian mainland’s most easterly point
- Byron Bay is located near some of the best examples of sub-tropical rainforest on the east coast of Australia (parts of the Gondwana Rainforests of Australia)
- it has one of the highest number of artists and artisans as residents in Australia
- it has many festivals and events throughout the year
- has some great shopping and entertainment
- has a thriving health and wellbeing industry with many day spa’s and healing and alternative health practitioners
- has gained a reputation for fabulous Australian cuisine in its award-winning cafes and restaurants, and of course, is well known as a place to buy a fabulous cafe latte!
- is popular as a wedding destination
- it is on the doorstep of the Northern Rivers region with its rainforest, many small towns and villages and picturesque countryside filled with smaller farms growing produce such as macadamia nuts, coffee, blueberries, lychees, stone fruit, dairying & cheese and many other interesting crops.
There is a wide variety of options for things to do to immerse yourself in Byron Bay – see our tours and activities on offer. Things such as learn to surf, skydiving, microlighting or hanggliding, kayaking with the dolphins, tours of the region, horseriding, golf, fishing, circus skills and art workshops or visiting one of the many attractions. There are also many things to keep the children amused!
So what are you waiting for? Come and see us!
Informationcourtesy of the Official Byron Bay Visitor Center